5 Reasons Why Strength Training Is Essential For Runners!
Do you love running every day in the morning? Going for a run is an essential and consistent part of your workout routine? That’s great. But are you balancing your running/endurance training with the right strength training? If not, then you are missing on a crucial part of fitness training that betters your performance. And for those people, who think that strength training will bulk you up and hamper your running performance, you could not be more wrong!
Here’s why you need Strength Training, especially if you are an inspiring athlete.
- Strength training allows you to run faster, harder, and longer. It enables you to carry more workload.
- It decreases the risk of injury as it improves the strength of the muscle tissues that are engaged while running.
- It enables better co-ordination between the limbs and body which in turn ensures efficient movement.
- It improves the core stability which simultaneously betters the running posture. This is a crucial factor for running to efficiently manage your energy and avoid fatigue to set in quickly.
- This enables you to maximize the push off while running and counter balance any unforeseen forces during heel strike with ease.
So, are you ready to integrate strength training into your workout routine? If you require guidance of an expert trainer with the same, Steel Gym is your ideal choice of destination! Reach us now to discuss your strength training needs and performance enhancement requirements.