Terms & conditions Steelgym
All of the membership rules contained herein apply equally to members, temporary members and guests alike.
The membership entitles the usage of Steel Gym facilities and the equipment & services available therein
The membership is personal, and cannot be shared.
All memberships are Non-Transferable (under any circumstances)
1. The Member confirms that he/she is 18 years old or older.
2. For persons below 18 years old, exceptions are granted based on a written parental.
The Member confirms that he/she does not suffer from health problems that would hinder exercise or prevent him/her from engaging in exercise, or that would be detrimental or adverse to the Member's health, safety or physical condition if he/she did exercise. In case of any doubt, the Member shall seek advice from the doctor who should confirm the ability to exercise. Steel Gym shall have no obligation to perform a fitness assessment or similar testing to determine the Member’s physical condition. If an assessment is done at Steel Gym, it is for the sole purpose of compiling comparative data in order to track the Member’s progress in a program and not for diagnostic purposes.
The Member confirms that he/she holds the necessary insurances to cover any accident or training incident. Steel Gym shall not be subject to any claim, demand, or injury whatsoever with regard to the assessment of the Member's health condition or for any injury arising out of the Member's disability, impairment or ailment.
Each Member of Steel Gym shall be liable for any property damage and/or personal injury caused by the Member at the Steel Gym premises. lt shall be the obligation of the Member to pay for any costs involved upon presentation of a statement thereof.
Waiver of Liability:
Any and all use of the Steel Gym shall be at Member's own risk at all times. The Member shall not utilize the machines unless he/she knows the correct usage of the training device. Steel Gym shall not be liable for any injuries, physical impact or damages to the Member or the property of the Member, or be subject to any claim arising out of the use of the premises and/or of the machines made available to the users.
Lockers are available for Members while working out in the facility. Each Member needs to empty the locker when leaving the facility Steel Gym will open and empty lockers if the Member is not in the facility. Steel Gym does not take responsibility for loss or theft of these personal belongings.
Lost Property or Theft:
Steel Gym does not take responsibility for loss or theft of any personal belongings. Any items left in Steel Gym premises will be kept for a period of 1 week.
Use of the Facilities:
The facility shall be used for training purposes only. No other activity will be allowed, and violations will be sanctioned. For example, sleeping and lingering are not allowed. Consumption of alcohol, tobacco or illegal substances is not allowed. Working out under the influence is not allowed. Conducting business or paid services is not allowed.
Code of Conduct:
The Member shall respect the behavioral and operating principles and follow them on all occasions.This includes, but is not limited to:
1. Wearing appropriate and clean clothes and shoes.
2. Using a towel at every workout and leaving machines and surfaces clean after usage.
3. Always leaving the lockers empty.
4. Never allowing entry into Steel Gym facility to anybody else.
5. Behaving in a friendly and respectful manner towards the other members in the gym as well as the staff.
Suspension/Termination of Membership:
If the Member behaves in a way that breaches the code of conduct, interferes or disturbs other members or staff, or that the management considers inappropriate, the membership can be suspended or terminated at management's sole discretion. If the Member does not pay the membership fees, the membership can be suspended or terminated at management's sole discretion. The payment duty remains until the original contract period ends.
Access & Security:
Steel Gym is open from 6 AM to 10 PM from Monday to Saturday, 6 AM - 2 PM on Sundays and shall be changed/closed unless for very special reasons.
The Member agrees to camera surveillance in the Steel Gym facilities, where the data will be stored for a certain period.The Member agrees to registration of a fingerprint impression/RFID card. The Member guarantees to never let any other member or any other person into the Steel Gym premises.
1. The Member is responsible for the payment of the membership. Agreed price only applies if the Member paid according to the agreed conditions.
2. The full payment shall be paid at the point of signing up of this agreement, according to the opted duration of the membership.
3. The payment has to be paid in cash or by credit/debit cards only. Cheque payments are not accepted
4. If the member has given approval for an automatic debit from his account or card, the cancellation must be announced minimum 2 weeks before the next debit
5. All Memberships are non-refundable.
1. Personal trainer selection is solely at the choice of the member at an additional cost.
2. Steel gym does not bear any responsibility for any personal favors exchanged/entertained with staff or personal trainers, and are not liable to mediate for any kind of resolutions and settlements.
3. Members are requested not to solicit personal trainers or any other staff of Steel Gym for independent services other than services offered inside Steel Gym, in such cases membership becomes void without refund.
Renewal & Cancellation:
1. The membership and this agreement becomes void after the completion of the selected duration of the membership.
2. If the Member wishes to extend the membership, the Member has to pay for the next duration before the current membership expires.
3. If the Member doesn't renew before the expiry, the membership will stop at the end of the last paid month, after which the access to the gym is auto blocked.
4. The blocked access can only be revived by paying the renewal fees of the membership.
5. The member is responsible for his own cancellation, even if the reminder was not received.
All prices are fixed for the duration of the contract. A price can be implemented without any further notice, which is solely at the discretion of the management.
In case of annual membership, it is possible to freeze the membership for a period of one month only in cases with genuine reasons, subject to approval of the management; after the completion of allowed freezing period, it will be counted as the usage period. Freezing is only allowed in the annual membership package.
Court of Jurisdiction and Applicable Law :
These terms and conditions and all matters arising out of or relating to the access to the Member’s use of Steel Gym premises and training devices shall be governed by the substantive laws of India, without regard to principles of conflicts of law thereof. Any controversy, claim or dispute between the Member and Steel Gym arising out of relating to these terms and conditions and/or the Member’s use of Steel gym premises and training devices shall be subject to the legal jurisdiction in India.